Most would agree that we have been waiting for what seems like a lifetime for Verizon to offer a release date for the HTC Incredible. We finally got the news that we were waiting on, with The Big Red informing us that the new smartphone will be released on April 29, but also informed us that it will become part of the DROID family.
At that time Verizon did not give us any other information, thankfully they have now confirmed the HTC Droid Incredible Specs, but Engadget cannot help but notice how similar they are to the Google Nexus One. We asked the question yesterday — why would Verizon want both handsets?
The main specs include a 3.7-inch OLED touchscreen offering a screen resolution of 800 x 480. The handset comes with the same 1GHz Snapdragon processor as the Nexus One and its Android 2.1 OS.
There are a few subtle differences to the spec sheet though, such as the inclusion of Sense UI on the Incredible, and an awesome 8-megapixel camera — beat that Apple iPhone 4G. We wonder if Verizon will still offer the Nexus One considering their similarities?
Below is the complete list of specs:
- 1 Ghz Snapdragon processor
- 3.7″ 480×800 WVGA OLED Touch screen
- 8GB internal memory
- Advanced Speech Recognition
- Camera: 8MP camera w/auto—focus and video capture
- Embedded Ringtones, vibrate alert and silent
- Integrated Google, Exchange & Facebook contacts
- OS: Android 2.1, Google Experience Device
- Push Gmail and Exchange
- Up to 16GB of optional microSD support
- User Interface —next generation Sense UI
- Virtual QWERTY Keyboard