The biggest news of the week was not the Volcano in Iceland causing havoc in Europe, it was the news that an Apple engineer accidently left a prototype of the iPhone 4G in a bar. Not certain what he was doing with this top-secret phone, but all we care about is the new iPhone smartphone and what it has to offer.
Gray Powell, was the guy guilty of leaving the iPhone 4G / HD / Pro / 3GS-2 or whatever you want to call it. Since then a number of people have poked fun out of Powell, but come on — he does deserve it. We wonder what his excuse was for the leaving the phone in a bar?
David Letterman thought that he would have some fun with this story, which is where the list of top ten excuses for the losing the iPhone come in, these include:
- 10. “Couldn’t call Apple for help because I lost my iPhone.”
- 9. “I’m more of a Kindle guy.”
- 8. “You mean besides being drunk out of my mind?”
- 7. “Distraught Kate Gosselin kicked off Dancing with the Stars”
- 6. “Thought there was an app that would whisk it back to my house.”
- 5. “It must have fallen out of my iPants.”
- 4. “Volcanic Ash! Run!”
- 3. “Let’s Just Blame Goldman Sachs.”
- 2. “At least I didn’t lose my finger like that iPad guy.”
- 1. “It didn’t work, anyway–it uses AT&T.”
If you had to pick your best one from the list, which one would that be?
For more details visit Gawker.tv
*Identifying Monetised Links - outgoing links that we monetise are marked with an '*' symbol.