in ,

iPhone 4 on Fire: Defective USB Port Problems

We have some surprising news to bring you now, as it has just been confirmed that one iPhone 4 user has taken his handset into an AT&T store, after his phone caught fire after connecting the device to a computer using Apple’s USB cable.

According to this report from BGR, the incident burned the user’s hands in the process, with the user explaining the situation to AT&T in order to get a new device since this one was unrepairable.

However, AT&T are still out of stock of iPhone 4 devices so the user has had to wait for the moment. The good news is that an Apple store has already confirmed the issue to be a ‘defective’ USB problem and not a user problem.

We have some pictures below showing proof of the fire damage – Let us know your thoughts on this.


Are you worried this might happen to your handset?

Written by Alan Ng

Alan has been working for Product-Reviews since 2009 and became the Editor-in-chief in 2014. He has a passion for technology, the latest mobile phones and gadgets, and the gaming industry. Alan is a graduate of Canterbury Christ Church University and completed a B.A in Commercial Music in 2008. While expressing a keen interest in all areas that PR cover, you'll usually find Alan in the gaming section, where he'll be keeping enthusiasts up to date on all the latest news and reviews for consoles and PC.

Contact Alan Ng: alan@product-reviews.net

Comments

Loading…

World of Warcraft (WoW) and Facebook Alike

New iPod Touch 4G: LCD Parts confirm Front-Facing Camera?