We have been sent the Xerox Phaser 6128MFP Color Multifunction Printer, yes this can print, copy, scan and fax which makes this an all-in-one product to have in any home or office. We will give you all the details coving specifications, details, photos and of course our personal views.
Let me start off with my first impressions of the Xerox Phaser 6128MFP: first impressions are pretty good, the whole look of the 6128MFP is very good indeed and of course will fit just nicely in any home or office, would have to warn you though that this multifunction printer is pretty heavy and would not recommend you carry this on your own.
The look of all the functions on the 6128MFP seems a little daunting at first if you are not used to multifunction printers, but must say it is very easy to use; all you need to do is follow the instructions and you will be up and running within 10-minutes or less.
We will comes to the specs and features in a little while, first of all let’s talk about what you can expect from the Xerox Phaser 6128MFP; you will get superb color print quality being it for business documents or your general printing purposes, it is environmentally-friendly and this is because it generates up to 90% less waste than comparable colour laser multifunction printers, very easy to install with no problems whatsoever.
The front panel is superb because it offers simple programming, yes one click of a button and away you go, the advanced functionality includes LAN fax, network scanning via SMB and FTP, and ID Card Copy and there is also the security features which include secure fax receive, secure print, IP filtering, scan to email with authentication.
This product comes with an award-winning EA Toner technology which delivers stunning colour quality, very fast speeds of 16 ppm in black and white and 12 ppm in color sound; you can scan to desktop thanks to the software provided.
– Keep documents safe with password-protected secure print and secure fax receive features
– Control who prints colour and how much with device access controls
– Run black feature lets you continue printing with black if one of your colours runs out
– Print labels and envelopes through the handy manual feed slot
– Service and support from Xerox is award-winning and second to none
– ID Card Copy allows copying of both sides of an ID or small document onto one side of a sheet of paper saving time and paper
– Print speed: up to 12 ppm color/up to 16 ppm black
– Copy, Email, Print, Scan, Walkup fax with LAN fax
– 251 Sheets Standard paper capacity
– Output capacity: 150 sheets
– Two-sided output
– 10/100BaseTX Ethernet, USB 2.0 (via third party: Wireless (IEEE802.11a/b/g))
– Collation, Colour scanning, Email alerts, Fit-to-page, PrintingScoutâ„¢ Alert Notification, Proof Print, RAM collation, Watermarks, Xerox Installer
– Print memory (standard/max) 384 MB / 384 MB
– Maximum print resolution: 600 x 600 dpi
– Page Description Languages (PDL) Host-based, PCL® 6 emulation
– First-page-out time, printing as fast as 17 seconds colour / 14 seconds black and white
– Print features Booklet printing, N-up, Poster printing
The copier is pretty easy to use and with features such as up to 12 ppm color and up to 16 ppm black and first- page-out time, copying as fast as 27 seconds color/18 seconds black and white with maximum copy resolution of 600 x 600 dpi you know you are getting quality. Other copy features include auto reduction/enlargement, Reduce / Enlarge, ID Card Copy, N-up and Collation.
Now let’s move onto the scan features; the scan destinations include network scan to PC, Scan to USB, and scan to TWAIN application, Scan to email and WIA. You can also do color scanning plus scan file formats which include JPEG, PDF, TIFF, multipage PDF, multipage TIFF.
Next up is the fax features which include: JBIG, MMR/MR/MH fax compression, up to 6 group dials (one line); up to 200 speed dials (one line).
The device management features PrintingScout, SNMP v.1, SNMP v.2, Xerox CentreWare Internet Services Embedded Web Server, DHCP, Alert Notification, Xerox CentreWare Web Network Management Utility and email alerts.
Prints drivers support includes Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Desktop, Mac OS X version 10.3-10.5, Windows 2000 or higher and SUSE Linux Desktop 10.
Overall View: I would definitely buy the Xerox Phaser 6128MFP because it is easy to use and produces the quality one should expect, ok a little heavy to lift on your own but once in place and set-up the performance and speed is defiantly up to par with even the more expensive models. Price is pretty good as well.
For those in USA you can buy the Xerox Phaser 6128MFP Color Multifunction Printer from $599, for more information please visit Xerox Website. For those in the UK you can buy the Xerox Phaser 6128MFP from only £469 (More info here). More photos below: