Are you planning to pick up Final Fantasy XIV on the PC when it is released this September? If you are, then you are definitely gonna need a pretty hi-spec system to ensure that the game runs smoothly for you.
You’ll be pleased to know that Square-Enix has just released a full list of minimum spec requirements to play the game. As you expect, the requirements are pretty demanding, so if you need to get a few upgrades before September, now is the time to do it!
Square has included the required, as well as the recommended settings to play the game. You’ll need at least 4GB of RAM to play, while a Intel Core i7 2.66GHz or higher CPU is also recommended. DirectX requirement is v9.0, but I’m sure most of you will be using a higher version.
Below is the full list of PC specs for the game. It will be available 30th September on the PC . Are any of you planning to get a new system just to play this game?
* Window Size and Display Mode: 1280Ã—720 (Windowed)
* Ambient Occlusion: OFF
* Depth of Field: ON
* Shadow Detail: Standard
* Multisampling: 4x MSAA
* Buffer Size: Window Size
* Texture Quality: High
* Texture Filtering: High
* OS: Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit (On a 64-bit OS, the software will run via WOW64 ( Windows 32-bit On Windows 64-bit )
* CPU: Intel Core i7 2.66GHz or higher
* RAM: 4GB or more
* HDD/SDD Installation: 15GB of free space
* Download: 6GB of free space on the drive containing “My Documents”
* Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better with VRAM 768MB or more
* Sound Card: DirectSound compatible sound card (DirectX 9.0c or higher)
* Internet Connection: Broadband or better (always-on)
* Resolution: 1280Ã—720 (32-bit) or higher
* DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
* Others: Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad
*Identifying Monetised Links - outgoing links that we monetise are marked with an '*' symbol.