For those of you desperately trying to get your hands on a Motorola Droid X handset from Verizon, we have an update for you regarding stock availability. Reports are suggesting that the majority of Verizon stores are still sold out of units.
As reported from eWeek, Mark McKechnie, a Gleacher & Co. analyst recently polled 20 Verizon Wireless retail stores over the weekend to check stock availability for the Droid X and found the device was sold out everywhere – despite the fact that Verizon ensured customers that stock levels would remain healthy.
There is not a lot you can do about high demand sometimes though, and the Motorola Droid X has flew off shelves since it’s launch last week. However, McKechine did have some vital information for those thinking about getting one online.
Apparently, some Verizon stores told him that if he ordered a Droid X online, it would arrive for home delivery by July 27 or July 28 if he ordered this week.
This may or may not help you, but here is a list of his results from various Verizon stores:
Droid X Stock Availability
– Boston: Sold out of 60 by Saturday.
– Philadelphia: First store sold out by 2 p.m. Thursday, but did not know how many sold. Second store sold out 39 on Thursday.
– St Louis, MO.: Sold all on Thursday; 30 to 40 units sold.
– Tampa Bay, Fla.: Sold out. Had 40 on Thursday; gone by 10:30 a.m.
– Charleston, S.C.: Sold out of 40 within 2 hours on Thursday.
– Columbus, Ohio: Had 20 on Thursday, got 40 more; Sold all of them.
– Anaheim, Calif.: Sold out of the initial 70.
– Seattle: Sold out of initial 60-70.
– Sacramento: Sold out of initial 65 to 70.
– Los Angeles: Sold out of the initial 75.
– San Francisco: Sold out of its stock of 40 to 60.
– Phoenix: Sold out of initial stock of 50 and got a restock of 10 on Saturday.
– Dallas: Sold out of initial 20-30 phone stock.
– Austin: Had around 75 to start with, and another 25 restock on Saturday. Sold out now.
Have you been given some info from Verizon regarding Droid X stock? Let us know if you have anything to share on this report.
*Identifying Monetised Links - outgoing links that we monetise are marked with an '*' symbol.