We have some good news for those of you with the PS3 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops, as we can confirm that patch update v1.03 is now live and available to download the next time you boot up the game.
What has been fixed? Well, if you head over to the official Call of Duty boards, you’ll see that Treyarch’s community manager has already given PS3 users a heads-up on what to expect in the ‘Title Update’ – as listed on the forums.
According to Treyarch, the patch will address matchmaking problems, trying to get into games with large parties, improvements to always select the best host where possible and ‘additional online security enhancements’ – wonder if that has anything to do with recent hacks that were found?
The update is live right now, download it for yourself and see if it fixes any problems that you have been having with the game. Below is a list of the changes according to the CoD boards:
11/17 (full title update)
· Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
· Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
· Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
· Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
· Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
· Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
· Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
· Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
· Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
· Additional online security enhancements
Has your online experience improved after the patch update?
UPDATE: Xbox 360 Patch is now LIVE too.
*Identifying Monetised Links - outgoing links that we monetise are marked with an '*' symbol.