A new Overwatch update is now live on PS4, Xbox One and PC and unsurprisingly there is now a massive talking point among the changes after Blizzard once again making tweaks to Mercy.
We have the Overwatch version 2.30 patch notes to bring you now if you missed them this week, along with a summary in visual format for those that want to know the key changes.
Mercy is the big target of this update, as Valkyrie will no longer offer a bonus Resurrect charge. Resurrect is now no longer instant either, Valkyrie will last 15 seconds instead of 20 and the Guardian Angel speed boost ability has been decreased by 50%.
You can check out the full patch notes below which also reveals big changes to Junkrat and 4K support has now been added to the Xbox One X version of the game which is great.
What are your thoughts on Overwatch update 2.30 and are you happy with the changes to Junkrat and Mercy or not?
Overwatch 2.30 patch notes for PS4, Xbox One, 220.127.116.11.43036 on PC:
- World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Pre-purchase Goodies – When you pre-purchase a Digital Deluxe version of World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth you’ll receive several Warcraft-themed goodies in Overwatch. Show your faction pride on the battlefields of tomorrow with emotes for Tracer; Horde- and Alliance-themed voice lines for Torbjörn; Anduin, Jaina, Sylvanas, and Saurfang sprays; and Kul Tiras and Zandalar player icons.
- HERO UPDATES – Junkrat:
- Concussion Mine – Now will deal less damage to targets farther away from the explosion’s center
- Mercy: Valkyrie –
- No longer makes Resurrect instant
- No longer grants a bonus Resurrect charge
- The speed bonus Guardian Angel receives when activating Valkyrie has been decreased by 50% Duration reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds
- BUG FIXES – Heroes:
- Fixed a bug that prevented D.Va’s face and hair textures from loading when her Black Cat skin was equipped.