Update: The PS4 4.50 update is just around the corner and now we are happy to reveal the full PS4 4.50 patch notes for those that want to get a detailed look at what is coming before the update lands. Skip to the bottom of the article for details:
Original article: We love to look forward to new PS4 firmware updates, in the hope that Sony continue to add fantastic features to the console to keep paying customers happy with their system – especially with Microsoft keeping the competition healthy with some impressive Xbox One features added to the console this year.
The PS4 Pro is now available to buy and as far as we’re aware, it ships with firmware version 4.05. Sony has recently confirmed that the next PS4 update 4.50, so it is going to be a major jump up from the current version.
Current PS4 version: Everyone is on 4.07 right now as of December 8 2016, which was another minor update that Sony were not willing to discuss in length – only to say that it included “stability and performance improvements “
With that said, the next PS4 and PS4 Pro system update version 4.50 needs to bring actual features and we want to know what is top of your list in terms of improving the system for the rest of the year.
It’s a crucial time, as Sony are obviously thinking a lot about 4K and PS4 Neo, so at the same time they want to keep current generation owners happy with new features and not abandon the PS4 completely.
What new features would you personally like to see with the next PS4 system software update? Tell us below and let’s see who can come up with the best idea!
We’ll be updating this article as soon as we get official details on PS4, PS4 Pro update 4.50 and with the jump in versions something tells us that the feature list could be big so keep checking back for the next details
Any problems with PS4, Pro firmware 4.07 update? Tell us below.
Update: Here are the PS4 4.50 update notes with a full changelog which has been possible thanks to the update going live in China before anywhere else – not often you say that!
4.50 version of the main features of the upgrade
– You will be able to use the USB storage device to install the application or move the application from the PS4 host memory. The following conditions must be met for USB storage devices that can be used.
*external hard drive
*USB 3.0 or above
*minimum capacity of 250GB, the maximum capacity of 8TB
– The shortcut menu is now easier to use. The party function, from the party to attend the party, have become more convenient.
– When using the remote control function on a Windows PC, Mac, Xperia Smartphone or Xperia Tablet, you can chat with a microphone in the game or party using the device’s microphone.
– You can now use the screenshots to customize the background image of your main picture and function screen.
You can now display screenshots, such as [What’s New] screenshots, to the event. Press the SHARE key, select [Screen Capture], and select [Active] as the upload location. In addition, you can now mark the game and have played with the players.
– When you log on (PlayStationApp) and other applications, your status will be displayed as (mobile) even if it is not next to the PS4 host . This means you can communicate with friends.
After the party is held, it can be changed to public or private. Select (Party)> [Party Settings]> [Party’s Privacy].
– PlayStation VR now supports Blu-ray 3D content.
– You can now publish GIF animations to events and social applications
– The PS4 that you first used to access the PlayStation Network will now be automatically certified as your favorite PS4.
– When creating a master account, the parent or guardian can now simply create a child account for the child.
You can now upload or download saved data directly from the main screen. Move the alignment mark to the game, press the OPTIONS key, and then select [Upload / Download Save Data].
– You can now share screenshots with people on the PlayStation Network with related options. When you share with people, you can adjust your privacy settings at any time.
– You can now start (SHAREfactory) from the (interception picture album ). While viewing (interception of the photo album), press the OPTIONS key and select [Edit with SHAREfactory].
– You can change the color of your profile screen to match the cover image.
When you report inappropriate content, you can preview the report before sending it
– Xperia (PS4 remote operation) design has been updated.
– When you receive a party invitation, you can quickly reply from (message) or (PS Messages) with the quick reply function.
– Your PS4 host profile The cover image on the screen can now be displayed in (PS Messages).
– The theater mode image quality on PlayStation VR has improved.
That is everything in full, let us know what you think below and when you are downloading the update for yourself!