We have a quick heads-up for all Battlefield 4 players. A new PC update update is now live for the game and should be rolling out for all territories as we speak. The pleasing thing to note is that the update is a fairly large one, and we have the full Battlefield 4 PC update patch notes for you to read through.
DICE had been teasing this update that they had specifically been working on for PC players and we’re glad to see that it is now live.
The big change for us is that they have now “normalized” repair rates across all vehicles, adding a level playing field for those that found this to be a problem. We also see that stealth jets have been tweaked a little bit as well – notably the F35 & J-20, as well as the Su-50.
Tell us if you have the update yet – as we say it is live now, but still may take a little while to reach your area. We’ve included the full patch notes for you below.
Read through and let us know if you are still having problems with the PC version.
Latest PC patch notes:
- Various fixes for improving general stability
– Fixed a memory leak issue occurring after level shutdowns, which could result in a out-of-memory crash in – longer play sessions
– Additional fix for the “sound loop” deadlock when running High/Ultra graphics settings
– Added a warning for using Legacy AMD drivers that were out of date
– Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
– Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons on the scoreboard would not be updated
– Fix for Asian users unable to start Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1
– Normalized repair rates across all vehicles.
– Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even – though the soldier was hurt)
– Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
– Fixed a bug where a Main Battle Tank Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
– Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.
– Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
– Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier
– Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
– Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
– Fix for player spawning under the map when deploying on Lancang Dam
– Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker