There has been much coverage on the net and in the press about the ongoing legal battle between Apple and Samsung over alleged copying of certain iOS products. The case has been going on for months now, but today we have news that Samsung copies Apple as a Galaxy S II Skyrocket catches fire.
Last week there were reports that an iPhone burst into flames, and now Electronista is reporting in an article that a similar incident has happened on one of Samsung’s handsets. An owner of a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket had his device on standby in his trouser pocket. He begun to feel a hot painful sensation and he quickly removed the handset that was now smoking.
This follows the nasty experience a passenger had on an Australian airliner with an iPhone 4S. Luckily the plane had just landed when the owner of the device noticed there was smoke appearing from his pocket. The handset was again quickly removed and the back of the device was glowing because of internal heat.
The problem with the iPhone has been put down to a rare but well known problem that can sometimes occur with lithium-ion batteries. They can sometimes overheat, which occasionally cause them to catch fire. This may also be the cause of the problem that the owner had with his Galaxy S II Skyrocket.
This sort of problem is normally started off after a significant impact to the battery, but both of these issues seem to have been caused by normal use. The fact that both handsets had just been exposed to high altitudes just before they overheated may have something to do with problems.
Have you ever had a smartphone battery overheat?
You can add us to your circle on Google+, follow us on Twitter, join the photo community on Pinterest, or like our Facebook page to keep updated on all the latest news.
Our Apps: Android | iPhone | iPad.