We have some good news for those of you who are starting to get a bit frustrated with the PC version of Battlefield 3. EA DICE has confirmed that a patch update is on the way and will aim to significantly improve some areas of the game that gamers are having problems with.
Daniel Matros is the Battlefield Community Manager at DICE and he has recently posted an update to the Battlelog news feed, informing everyone that the PC version of the game will soon be issued with a server client update.
We know a lot of you are experiencing problems with the game ranging from lag on Tehran Highway to not being able to join squads probably and getting kicked out of game when switching rounds. Judging by feedback seen on the official Battlefield Twitter and on Battlelog news, it’s nice to see DICE working around the clock to make the gameplay on all three platforms a better experience.
Here are the areas that will be addressed in the server client update, as taken from Battlelog:
- Fix for crashes usually occurring during level switches. Server providers may see a little bit of memory leakage instead in this situation
- Game servers should no longer quit in some situations where the online backend servers are down. Server will reconnect to the backend once it’s up again
- Fix for ghost servers which didn’t accept connections
- Kick reasons should better match situations where they are issued. This will help battlelog provide more accurate information to the player
- Connection fixes to avoid players sometimes being rejected while joining the game server on one of the last slots
- Security updates
- Improved server logging
Of course, many of you will feel that many of the problems should have been fixed before the game went on sale, especially after a long public beta. We say though that the game is more than playable at the moment and should become even better once DICE fix up the game further with patch updates. Expect more on the way for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game, but for those playing on PC – Let us know your status with the game so far and what your biggest problem is at the moment.
You can add us to your circle on Google+, follow us on Twitter, join the photo community on Pinterest, or like our Facebook page to keep updated on all the latest news.
Our Apps: Android | iPhone | iPad.