The updates keep on coming thick and fast, and this time we have some news for HP TouchPad tablet owners who can now grab themselves the HP webOS 3.0.2. update. webOS 3.0.2. promises ‘performance and reliability enhancements and adding improved functionality to several apps.’ Read on to find out how to obtain and download this update.
HP TouchPad owners have been waiting for this update to come for quite a while now, and although a little behind schedule, you can now download the webOS 3.0.2. update quite easily by going to ‘Launcher > Settings > Updates.
This will then start to download OTA (Over-the-Air), and brings a wealth of new functionality and performance enhancements, hundreds infact. Some of the notable improvements consist of bolstered scrolling within the email application, Just Type searching within the Calendar, improved auto-correct and the ability to now set your wallpaper from the photos in the Photo’s app.
Before you start the update, your HP TouchPad tablets needs to have at least 50% battery to complete and install. The download takes around 15 minutes and we are told that webOS 3.0.2. brings some obvious differences in quickness. Rotating the tablet is now instantaneous too so as for the moment, we are only hearing good things about webOS 3.0.2.
A detailed changelog can be found below.
HP webOS system update 3.0.2 provides increased system performance and stability and addresses a number of bugs.
HP webOS system update 3.0.2 offers improvements in the following areas.
* Quicker Just Type event search and event creation
* Improved handling of meeting cancellations
* Faster scrolling
* Improved message content and image display
* Improved management of multiple emails in Draft and Outbox views
* Reduced audio skipping when the device is running other applications
* Better display of album art
Photos & Videos
* Added ability to set wallpapers
* Faster and more reliable handling of individual photos and albums
* Improved speed and accuracy of auto-corrections
* Increased scrolling support compatibility within web pages
* Improved performance of remote HTML5 video playback
* Improved responsiveness of auto correction within the browser
* Fixed issues with oversensitive screen rotation
This release addresses a number of security issues with HP webOS software.
Individuals interested in contacting HP to report suspected security issues can find more information at hpwebos.com/security
If you have downloaded the update and are experiencing any problems, check out HP’s official webOS 3.0.2. solutions page where they will guide you through the process. If you are receiving any other issues after installing the update, be sure to let us know!
Also See: HP Envy 5535 review, differences Vs 5530