We have some good news for frustrated PS3 owners, as we can confirm that Treyarch has released another patch for the PS3 version of Black Ops, due to address the connectivity problems which have been troubling users since patch v1.04 was released.
Treyarch were obviously aware that the 1.04 update didn’t go as smoothly as they would have hoped, and it was evident in the hundreds of complaints that we received shortly after the download became available.
Skip forward to today though, and Treyarch has pushed out patch v1.05. It’s available to download the next time you boot up the game and it weighs in at 27MB. Treyarch has made a list of the changes which they’ve fixed in the new version. Here is it below according to the official forums:
Patch v1.05 Release Notes
• Improved party reliability when leaving with party – an additional step in an ongoing series of party improvements continued in the next patch
• Improved UPnP functionality – further expands the game’s capability to open NATs on routers with universal plug and play enabled
• Enabled mute functionality in Playercards in the pre-game lobby
• Enabled kick functionality in party and private match lobbies
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would not always display properly when multiple players leave the lobby after a team split
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would appear stuck on the countdown timer while waiting to balance teams
We haven’t tested out the update yet, but we’re guessing Treyarch has finally got it right with regards to the huge connection problems that PS3, and also Xbox 360 users have been facing. On a side note, we’re a bit disappointed to see that they STILL haven’t patched an annoying bug when viewing challenges. Whenever you view sub-menus in the challenges, you’ll see that you can only view the challenges at the top of the list. For example, trying to view the Killstreak challenges only lets you view details for the Spy Plane, and trying to view Perks only allows you to view the first perk under Perk 1,2,3 – Have you experienced this, or do you have no idea what we’re talking about?
The main beef is with the connection problems though. Let us know if you are now finding it easier to get into a game on v1.05, or if you’re still experiencing problems.
Also See: MW3 more popular than Black Ops