Following on from our detailed preview of Treyarch’s recent multiplayer reveal for Call of Duty: Black Ops, we are now digging deeper into multiplayer, with a full list of killstreaks, as well as some of the new weapons that will appear in the game.
Some of you may just be concerned about Zombie mode, and whether or not it will be appearing in the game alongside the brilliant looking wager modes. For others, it is all about killstreaks, and we have a list of ALL of the killstreaks that will be in the game – although they haven’t been confirmed by Treyarch yet.
If our list is correct, there will be 15 killstreaks in total, with a fair few of them making their way into Black Ops, from Infinity Ward’s Modern Warfare 2. Let’s get started shall we?
1. Spy Plane (3 Kills): No need to explain this one, this featured in World at War and its basically the same as a UAV recon plane.
2. RC Car (3 Kills): A new addition to Black Ops. Players control a small buggy on screen, giving you the chance to drive it into enemies and detonate when desired.
3. Counter Spy Plane (4 Kills): Counter UAV.
4. Sam Turret (4 Kills): This was revealed by Treyarch recently and allows players to use the Sam Turret to take out enemy aircraft. Could come in very handy indeed we’re guessing.
5. Care Package (5 Kills): Could contain some if not all killstreaks in this list. It has also been confirmed that care packages will contain special beefed-up weapons to use for a short period of time.
6. Napalm Strike (5 Kills): We havent heard too much on this, but it is thought to be similar to the standard airstrike on MW2.
7. Sentry Gun (6 Kills): The trusty old sentry gun. Will never let you down – unless it gets knifed in the back of course.
8. Mortar Team (6 Kills): This will probably end up being a precision airstrike, but unconfirmed at the moment.
9. Attack Helicopter (7 Kills): Your bog standard support chopper.
10. Valkyrie Rockets (7 Kills): Another new addition to Black Ops. The Valkyrie Rockets will launch a collection of rockets, to which players get to control when each rocket detonates. Sounds fun this one.
11. Blackbird (8 Kills): This is related to the SR-71 plane and will probably be a stealth-bomber type of killstreak. Lots of bodies after this one.
12. Rolling Thunder (8 Kills): Taken from ‘Operation Rolling Thunder’, this is likely to be the most damaging airstrike in the game, dealing out some serious damage in the process. Hopefully it will have steath features too.
13. Chopper Gunner (9 Kills): Could be a Pavelow, or could be exactly the same as the chopper gunner from MW2.
14. Attack Dogs (11 Kills): A hit from World at War, it will be interesting to see how the attack dogs mix up gameplay. Perfect for dealing with campers anyway.
15. Gunship (11 Kills): No specific details from Treyarch on this yet, but we know it will be a ship that players will be able to control. Must be pretty badass if it’s the last killstreak on the list.
So there is your full set of killstreaks. If you have any additional information on them, leave us a comment below. Lets move on to some of the new weapons in the game.
Treyarch didn’t reveal the full list, but did drop hints on two main additions to the game. Hidden inside care packages are the Death Machine, and the Grim Reaper. The Death Machine will give you a minigun for a short period of time, while the Grim Reaper is a rocket launcher type weapon – no footage of either of these yet, sadly.
The flamethrower has already been confirmed as an attachment, while we already know about the Crossbow and Ballistic Knife. If you know about any other new weapons that have been revealed, do let us know below.
What are your thoughts on the list of killstreaks? Are you satisfied or disappointed? A big talking point has to be the fact that there is no killstreak for 25 kills. The gunship killstreak must be pretty good then. Give us your opinions on the list, we’re dying to know.
Additional information on killstreaks can be seen at the Call of Duty Wiki page.
Also See: COD BO3 weapons list starts to build