This is the Plantronics W0100 Savi Wireless Office headset, which is designed for use with the business environment. The device has some great features that will help businesses become more productive in communication.
The Plantronics Savi Office comes fitted with the over the earpiece, but the box also contains an optional headband that just clicks on. We had a play with both, and for us the headband felt a lot more comfortable; this will likely be different for each user depending on the situation.
Also See: Plantronics RIG gaming headset unboxed
Plantronics Savi Office includes noise-canceling that uses DECT 6.0 technology, which gives the calls a crisp and clear reception. The ear gel helps the ear piece feel much more comfortable, although some users may find this type of headset difficult to get used to if it’s their first time using ear gel headsets.
The 9-hour talk time is perfect for business users, and should help you get through the busiest days. 350-feet of distance using DECT 6.0 is great for freedom of movement but sadly the device lacks Bluetooth support, which means no cell phone support.
This headsets main business feature is the dual use of VOIP and a normal telephone from the same device. Savi Office will let you make a VOIP call via Skype, MSN, or other Softphone software, and by pressing a button on the device or base station, take a landline call as well.
Even better than this is the ability to bridge both the landline and VOIP calls together for a conference call. The Savi Office is one of the best commercial grade headsets we have seen that will improve communication options for those that need both conventional landline and voice over IP calls.
The top of the base station features a telephone button and computer button, which makes it easy to switch between the two types of calls.
The side of the base station is where the headset charges, and this is a clever idea by Plantronics. The side can be changed with different charging cradles if you change to another Plantronics headset (these would be sold separately).
On the back of the base station you will find a few different connections that include a telephone connection, computer connection, power input, and USB.
The side has a hidden compartment that reveals basic settings for microphone volume, compatibility switch settings, and speaker volumes.
We found the Plantronics Savi Office really easy to setup, and loved being able to listen to music via the PC, as well as obvious calling options. While we know this device is built for the professional, we cannot help but miss the Bluetooth option (maybe this will be added on a future version).
Plantronics W0100 Savi Office Main Features Include:
- Training feature allows supervisor to listen into an agents call and take over as necessary as well as allow new agents to listen into experienced agents calls
- Have full call control over all major UC clients and IP softphones
- Conference a deskphone call and UC call together just using your headset
- Record calls using PC based software (not supplied)
- Play pre-recorded announcements from PC to customers on the phone or share recorded media on your PC with colleagues on a phone call
- Consult with colleagues or managers over UC whilst still maintaining a customer call on your deskphone
- Simultaneously listen to or participate in conversations on the deskphone and UC client (mixing the audio from both sources)
The Plantronics Savi office headset is priced around $379.95 (or £249 UK). View the full details on plantronics.com.
More Photos Below: